Special Event Permit: Application
If you are closing roads, click here for the Traffic Control Application
Many special events are held throughout San Luis Obispo annually ranging from fun runs, festivals, parades, crafts fairs and more. For more information on the Special Event Permitting process, contact Dave Setterlund, Recreation Supervisor, at (805) 781-7067.
All organizers wishing to host a special event within the City of San Luis Obispo must thoroughly complete a Special Events Permit Application.
- Note: This application is best viewed in Internet Explorer or Google Chrome. Downloading and saving the PDF application is suggested for ease of use.
- The application must be received at least 90 days prior to the event - $50 charge if Rush is needed.
- All special event fees applicable to your event are determined by the fee policy included in the Special Events Ordinance.
- $50 rush charge is application is not turned in 90 days prior to event date
- Park Only Fee: $100 (non-refundable)
- Encroachment Fee: $160 (non-refundable)
- Full Park:
- Daily: $460
- Mission Plaza Fee:
- Non-profit: $460
- For Profit: $560
Offering Water At Your Event
Tips - Click here
Bring You Own Beverage Container
Giving Out Beverage Containers
Reusable Beverage Containers
Public Water Access
Providing Your Own Water