Welcome to the City’s Homelessness Solutions website, a page dedicated to keeping the public updated with all the latest homelessness program initiatives.
The City has been a long standing supporter of providing service to those who are experiencing homelessness. Providing a strategy to work towards programs that transition people out of homelessness has been a regional effort. The City has partnered with the County, other cities, and nonprofit entities to provide programs that advance goals outlined in the San Luis Obispo Countywide 10-year Plan to End Homelessness (10-Year Plan).
The City of San Luis Obispo and the Police Department recently hosted a discussion on homelessness on June 27th, 2018 at the San Luis Obispo City/County Library. The facilitated discussion focused on answering common questions, addressing misconceptions and explaining how the City and County work with partner organizations to address homelessness. There was also a review of what’s currently being done, and how the community can help.
Click here for the full length video from the event.
The City of San Luis Obispo recently began the Make Change Count to create awareness about the negative impacts of panhandling and provide an alternative through donation stations. Currently, there are 7 donation meters located throughout downtown San Luis Obispo. Click here to learn more!
Direct donations can be submitted through the United Way here.
- Prado Day Center
- Maxine Lewis Memorial Homeless Shelter
- San Luis Obispo Women's Shelter
- Client Services
- Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County
- ECHO-El Camino Homeless Organization
- Housing Authority of San Luis Obispo (HASLO)
- Peoples' Self-Help Housing (PSHH)
- Habitat for Humanity for San Luis Obispo County
- Mental Health Services
- Community Health Centers of the Central Coast
- Food Bank of San Luis Obispo
- United Way 2-1-1 services
- Other services can be found here: San Luis Obispo County Community Services
Plans and Programs
- 10 Year Plan to End Homelessness
- Homelessness Major City Goal
- Directed Giving
- Homeless Services Center Resolution and Staff Report
- Safe Parking Ordinance (17.08.115) and Use Regulation
Other Information and Helpful Links
- San Luis Obispo County 2013 Homeless Enumeration Report
- City Council Goal Update
- Faces of Homelessness in the County of SLO
- County Homeless Services
- City of San Luis Obispo Homeless Services Map
- 5 Year City and County Client Trend for Prado Day Center and Shelter Services
- CAPSLO Case Management Summary
- City and County Roles of Addressing Homelessness
- City Funding Support
- Meter Donation Stations White Paper Final
- October 2, 2012 Presentation to City Council Safe Shelter Pilot Program Update
Ways to Give