How can I view the upcoming agenda packet and correspondence?
You may download the upcoming agenda materials by clicking the "current agenda button" or "agenda correspondence button." Below are the individual reports for the upcoming meeting. You may also subscribe for eNotification of City Council Agenda Packets. Agendas are normally available by the Wednesday afternoon before the next meeting.
Note: Council "Reading Files" are linked to Agenda Packets via bookmarks. When viewing the Agenda Packet via your browser, they are optimized for use in Internet Explorer.
- 01-21-2020 City Council Agenda - Amended - Closed Session Rescheduled
- 01-21-2020 City Council Agenda Packet - Amended - Closed Session Rescheduled
- Item 02 - 2019 Open Space Maintenance Plan Progress Report
- Item 03 - 2019 Annual Progress Rpeort for the 2020 Parks & Recreation Strategic Plan
- Item 04 - Adoption of the City of San Luis Obispo Transit's Federal Fiscal Year 2021-23 Title VI Plan
- Item 05 - Peoples' Self-Help Housing Corporation's Request of Affordable Housing Funds (Tiburon Place & Broad Street Place)
- Item 06 - Authorization to persue State & Ferderal Affordable Housing, Transportation, and Water Quality Grant Funding
- Item 07 - Request to Modify Conditions at 774 Caudill Street
- Item 08 - Public Disclosure of Good Faith Estimates and Pay Off for the Water Energy Efficiency Project Upgrade Financing
- Item 09 - Support for Caltrans Climate Change Adaptation Grant (Resilient San Luis Obispo)
- Item 10 - Introduce an Ordinance amending Chapter 5.20 (Taxicabs) of the Municipal Code
- Item 11 - FY 2018-19 Annual Report on Development Impact Fees under AB1600
- Item 12 - Approval of the Final Map for Tract 3063, Phase 3 for 3987 Orcutt Road (FMAP 1959-2018)
- Item 13 - Study Session for recent 2019 Housing Legislation
- Item 14 - Introduce an Ordinance prohibiting the sale of Flavored Tobacco and Electronic Cigarette Products
- Item 15 - Amendment to Public Art Policy & Procedures Manual
You can find out the Council actions by contacting the City Clerk's Office at (805) 781-7100 or reviewing the "Action Update," however please note that action updates are subject to change and that Council Minutes constitute the official record for the Council's actions. Action updates are typically available by end of business the day proceeding a Council meeting.
Can I watch the Council Meeting from home?
City Council meetings can be watched live on Charter Cable Government Access Channel 20 or streamed online. Previous regular City Council meeting videos are available on demand, starting the Friday after which they occur or sooner. Meeting videos can also be viewed and duplicates can be purchased in the City Clerk's Office at 990 Palm Street, San Luis Obispo, during normal business hours.
Audio/Video upgrade project UPDATE: As of 01/14/2020 the upgrade is almost complete. However, as we get the system programmed Channel 20 service may experience some technical difficulties. Currently Live Streaming is not available. The Council meeting video will be posted on Wednesday 1/15/2020 morning for download and viewing. Thank you for your patience!
How can I express my opinion on an upcoming Council agenda item?
All interested persons are invited to attend Council meetings to express their views verbally, or to submit written communications to the City Council (email@example.com) to express their opinions for or against the agenda item. Citizens are encouraged to present written comments (including emails) at least one day prior to the meeting. This provides the Council with a greater opportunity to review and consider issues and/or concerns expressed in written communications prior to a meeting. Written comments received before, at or during a Council or Advisory Body meeting are included in the public record and posted to the City’s website.
Comments submitted less than three (3) hours before a meeting will be included in the record, but will not be distributed or posted before the meeting.
When and where does Council meet?
The City Council meets the first and third Tuesdays of each month at 6:00 p.m. in the City Council Chamber, City Hall, 990 Palm Street, San Luis Obispo, California. Changes to this schedule, and additional meetings which may be scheduled, are publicly noticed.
I want to speak at a City Council Meeting. What do I do?
When you arrive at the Council Chambers, please complete a "City Council Meeting Speaker Card," that is located at the entrance to the Chamber, and submit it to the City Clerk. When the Mayor calls your name, please step to the podium, and state your name and city of residence and whether you represent a business or group. (Note: Municipal Advocates must disclose themselves as such and identify the party(ies) represented - SLOMC Sec. 2.64.070) Speakers are allocated three minutes in which to express their views.