How can I view the upcoming agenda packet and correspondence?
You may download the upcoming agenda materials by clicking the "current agenda button" or "agenda correspondence button." Below are the individual reports for the upcoming meeting. You may also subscribe for eNotification of City Council Agenda Packets. Agendas are normally available by the Wednesday afternoon before the next meeting.
Note: Council "Reading Files" are linked to Agenda Packets via bookmarks. When viewing the Agenda Packet via your browser, they are optimized for use in Internet Explorer.
- 11/19/2019 Council Agenda
- 11/19/2019 Council Agenda Packet
- Item 2 - Appointment to the Active Transportation Committee
- Item 4 - Draft Minutes of November 12, 2019
- Item 5 - HRC Recommended Priorities for 2020-21 CDBG Grands & GIA Programs
- Item 6 - 2019-20 First Quarter Financial Report
- Item 7 - Amendment No. 2 to Joint Construction and Financing Costs for an Animal Services Facility
- Item 8 - Higuera Street Sidewalk Repair
- Item 9 - Marsh Street Bridge Replacement Easements
- Item 10 - Resolution for Integrated Regional Water Management Grant Funding for WRRF
- Item 11 - 2019 Air Pollution Control District Grant Application for Zero Emission Transit
- Item 12 - Council Chamber Audio & Visual Replacement Project
- Item 13 - Fiero Lane & Clarion Court Annexation (PL-ANNX-1166-2015)
- Item 14 - Water Energy Efficiency Project
You can find out the Council actions by contacting the City Clerk's Office at (805) 781-7100 or reviewing the "Action Update," however please note that action updates are subject to change and that Council Minutes constitute the official record for the Council's actions. Action updates are typically available by end of business the day proceeding a Council meeting.
Can I watch the Council Meeting from home?
City Council meetings can be watched live on Charter Cable Government Access Channel 20 or streamed online. Previous regular City Council meeting videos are available on demand, starting the Friday after which they occur or sooner. Meeting videos can also be viewed and duplicates can be purchased in the City Clerk's Office at 990 Palm Street, San Luis Obispo, during normal business hours.
How can I express my opinion on an upcoming Council agenda item?
All interested persons are invited to attend Council meetings to express their views verbally, or to submit written communications to the City Council (firstname.lastname@example.org) to express their opinions for or against the agenda item. Citizens are encouraged to present written comments (including emails) at least one day prior to the meeting. This provides the Council with a greater opportunity to review and consider issues and/or concerns expressed in written communications prior to a meeting. Written comments received before, at or during a Council or Advisory Body meeting are included in the public record and posted to the City’s website.
Comments submitted less than three (3) hours before a meeting will be included in the record, but will not be distributed or posted before the meeting.
When and where does Council meet?
The City Council meets the first and third Tuesdays of each month at 6:00 p.m. in the City Council Chamber, City Hall, 990 Palm Street, San Luis Obispo, California. Changes to this schedule, and additional meetings which may be scheduled, are publicly noticed.
I want to speak at a City Council Meeting. What do I do?
When you arrive at the Council Chambers, please complete a "City Council Meeting Speaker Card," that is located at the entrance to the Chamber, and submit it to the City Clerk. When the Mayor calls your name, please step to the podium, and state your name and city of residence and whether you represent a business or group. (Note: Municipal Advocates must disclose themselves as such and identify the party(ies) represented - SLOMC Sec. 2.64.070) Speakers are allocated three minutes in which to express their views.