How can I view the upcoming agenda packet and correspondence?
You may download the upcoming agenda materials by clicking the "current agenda button" or "agenda correspondence button." Below are the individual reports for the upcoming meeting. You may also subscribe for eNotification of City Council Agenda Packets. Agendas are normally available by the Wednesday afternoon before the next meeting.
Note: Council "Reading Files" are linked to Agenda Packets via bookmarks. When viewing the Agenda Packet via your browser, they are optimized for use in Internet Explorer.
- 04/07/2020 City Council Agenda REVISED
- Added Item B
- 04/07/2020 City Council Agenda Packet
- Item 2 - City Council Draft Minutes of 02-11-2020, 03-17-2020, 03-20-2020 and 03-27-2020
- Item 3 - Confirm the 2020-21 List of Projects Funded by the Road Repair and Accountability Act (RMRA), Senate Bill 1 (SB1)
- Item 4 - Authorization to submit an application for Local Early Action Planning (LEAP) Grant Program
- Item 5 - Second Reading of Ordinance No. 1681 (2020 Series) amending Title 17 (Zoning) for East Airport Annexation
- Item 6 - Acceptance of Grant Funds for American Public Works Assocation (APWA) Sponsored Public Works Internships
- Item 7 - 2019 General Plan Annual Report
- Item 8 - Vesting Tentative Tract Map (VTTM 3150) for NG-30 Portion of San Luis Ranch Specific Plan
- Staff Agenda Correspondence Item B
Emergency Public Meeting Procedure due to COVID-19:
Due to the threat of COVID-19, the City of San Luis Obispo will hold all public meetings via teleconference. There will be no physical location for the Public to attend the meeting. Below are instructions on how to view the meeting remotely and how to leave public comment.
Remote Viewing - Members of the public who wish to watch the meeting:
- Televised live on Charter Cable Channel 20
- View a livestream of the meeting online at: https://www.slocity.org/channel20
- View the Webinar (you must register using a valid email address)
- Registration URL: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/213038480382925325
- Webinar ID: 911-119-115
Public Comment - The City Council will still be accepting public comment. Public comment can be submitted in the following ways:
- Mail or Email Public Comment
- If received by 10:00 AM on the day of the meeting - comments can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or U.S. Mail to City Clerk at 990 Palm Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
- If received after 10:00 AM and up until public comment is opened on the particular item - comments will be limited to one page, emailed to email@example.com. Submissions will then be read aloud during the public comment period for the item specified.
- Verbal Public Comment - Call (805) 781-7164 and leave your comment in the form of a voice message. Please state and spell your name, mention the agenda item number you are calling about and leave your comment (3-minute limit applies). Verbal comments must be received by 10:00 AM on the day of the meeting in order to be forwarded to the City Council members and saved as agenda correspondence.
You can find out the Council actions by contacting the City Clerk's Office at (805) 781-7100 or reviewing the "Action Update," however please note that action updates are subject to change and that Council Minutes constitute the official record for the Council's actions. Action updates are typically available by end of business the day proceeding a Council meeting.
Can I watch the Council Meeting from home?
City Council meetings can be watched live on Charter Cable Government Access Channel 20 or streamed online. Previous regular City Council meeting videos are available on demand, starting the Friday after which they occur or sooner. Meeting videos can also be viewed and duplicates can be purchased in the City Clerk's Office at 990 Palm Street, San Luis Obispo, during normal business hours.
How can I express my opinion on an upcoming Council agenda item?
All interested persons are invited submit written communications to the City Council (firstname.lastname@example.org) to express their opinions for or against the agenda item. Citizens are encouraged to present written comments (including email) by 2:00 PM on the day of the meeting. This provides the Council with a greater opportunity to review and consider issues and/or concerns expressed prior to the meeting. Due to possible limitations for in-person comments as a result of COVID-19 virus concerns/procedures, written comments will be accepted after 2:00 p.m. Comments submitted after 2:00 p.m. and before 5:00 p.m. will be presented to Council on the dais prior to hearing the item and should be limited to 400 words. Depending on the amount of comments received, a recess may be called to allow Council to review the correspondence prior to the item being heard. All comments received before, at, or during a Council meeting are included in the public record and posted to the City’s website.
If you are unable to provide your comments in writing, please contact the City Clerk’s office for assistance.
When and where does Council meet?
The City Council meets the first and third Tuesdays of each month at 6:00 p.m. in the City Council Chamber, City Hall, 990 Palm Street, San Luis Obispo, California. Changes to this schedule, and additional meetings which may be scheduled, are publicly noticed.
I want to speak at a City Council Meeting. What do I do?
When you arrive at the Council Chambers, please complete a "City Council Meeting Speaker Card," that is located at the entrance to the Chamber, and submit it to the City Clerk. When the Mayor calls your name, please step to the podium, and state your name and city of residence and whether you represent a business or group. (Note: Municipal Advocates must disclose themselves as such and identify the party(ies) represented - SLOMC Sec. 2.64.070) Speakers are allocated three minutes in which to express their views.