Working in partnership with the community, we are committed to providing equitable and high-quality parking services to the citizens, visitors, and businesses in the City of San Luis Obispo.
- Where to park: Please refer to our Parking Guide
- Enforcement hours: Monday - Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Sunday 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Contact us at: (805) 781-7230
- Request for Citation Reviews must be completed in writing. Please complete and submit the form and provide a valid e-mail address for the results to be returned to.
- If you prefer you can print or download the form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to (805) 781-7267, mail or drop to Parking Services, 1260 Chorro Street, Suite B, San Luis Obispo CA 93401
- Citation Payment Online- for on-line credit card citation payment.
- AB503-Payment Plans are available as set forth in CVC 40220 for those who can provide proof of indigent status.
- Parking Downtown - parking structures, metered lots, metered street parking and motorcycle parking.
- Downtown Residential Overnight Parking Program (DROP) - Overnight parking program for downtown residents only
- Residential Parking Districts - permits required in these locations.
- Parking Programs - How to avoid citations in downtown San Luis Obispo.
- Access and Parking Management Plan- Amended Nov. 2011 (1.5mb) - This plan supports the implementation of the City's General Plan Circulation Element.
- Commercial loading zones are located throughout downtown and are intended for use by Commercially Licensed Vehicles Only
- Automated License Plate Recognition-Effective July 23, 2018 Parking Enforcement will begin using Automated License Plate Recognition (ALPR) technology to conduct parking enforcement. The Parking officers will no longer need to physically "chalk" tires to enforce time zone parking. The use of ALPR technology allows parking officers to enforce parking regulations more quickly and efficiently by electronically chalking vehicles. This should result in more parking spaces being available for downtown customers, residents and visitors.
Parking Services is comprised of four major areas:
Patrolling streets, parking lots, parking garages, and permit districts; issuing citations; arranging for towing the vehicles of habitual parking offenders; recommending the installation of regulatory signs and curb markings.
- Revenue Management
- Collecting fines, parking meter revenue, and parking fees and leases; collecting delinquent fines; recommending parking fee and fine adjustments; modifying meters for rate adjustments; selling parking permits, bus passes, and meter cash keys.
Maintaining and repairing parking meters and meter posts; performing janitorial maintenance in the parking garages and parking offices; sweeping and cleaning parking lots; sweeping and scrubbing parking garage floors.
- Parking Structure Operations
Collecting parking structure fees, providing security surveillance, maintaining customer service equipment.