Here, you can find the complete San Luis Obispo Police Department Policy Manual (Updated 12/17/2019).
It offers information on
- our role and authority as a law enforcement agency,
- our organizational and administrative structure,
- general operations,
- patrol operations,
- traffic operations,
- investigation operations,
- our equipment,
- our support services,
- our custody policies,
- and our personnel policies.
To keep our citizens and police officer safe, while being as transparent as possible, we reviewed all materials and redacted them, where necessary, according to Government Code § 6254, subs. (f). To be specific, we only redacted content:
- describing law enforcement tactics,
- security or safety procedures,
- and information not publicly known that should not be disclosed for safety, security, or investigative reasons.
If you have any questions, please contact Sophia Mathews at 805.781.7038 or via email.