1042 Walnut Street
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Monday 12p to 4:45p
Tuesday - Friday 10a to 4:45p
Neighborhood Outreach Mgr.
Report Abandon Vehicles
Office of Neighborhood Outreach
Located in the Operations Division of the Police Department, the Office of Neighborhood Outreach coordinates the Police Department response to neighborhood issues. The office directs the Student Neighborhood Assistance Program (SNAP), offers information regarding the noise ordinance, crime prevention, public information and education programs.
To report a noise violation, call the San Luis Obispo Police non-emergency line:
Check out the latest edition of the Neighborhood Hub, the quarterly newsletter of all things San Luis Obispo neighborhoods.
Interested in setting up a Neighborhood Watch on your block? Contact Neighborhood Outreach at 805-781-7186 to get started.
City of San Luis Obispo Noise Standards
Noise violations are enforced by the San Luis Obispo Police Department. The ordinance is enforced 24 hours a day and violators may receive a warning or a citation which carry steep fines. Visit NOISE STANDARDS for more information.
Property Owner Information
The City of San Luis Obispo desires to maintain a safe and secure environment for all residents as well as assisting property owners in resolving issues of substandard housing and disruptive tenants. This information is provided to facilitate operating rental housing businesses and providing inform of local laws and regulations that affect rental property ownership.
- A Business License & Tax Certificate is required for all rental housing within the city limits of San Luis Obispo. For fee information and certificate issuance, please contact the Business License desk at 805-781-7134 or email BT@slocity.org.
- Water and Sewer utilities may be ordered, canceled or bills reviewed by calling 805-781-7133.
- Garbage service is provided by a private contractor who may be reached at 805-543-0875.
- Early Removal Form - submit to remove a property from the noise "no warning" list.
- Landlord/Tenant Handbook - This handbook is updated and hosted by the California Department of Consumer Affairs.
- Property Management Contact Registration - submit to share property manager contact information.
- If tenants are cited for noise, property owners will also be issued an administrative citation which is independent of a tenant citations. Please contact the Neighborhood Outreach Manager for further explanation.
Property Maintenance Standards
Need information on the City's property maintenance standards? Visit Community Development Code Enforcement.