IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY, PLEASE CALL 911
Starting on November 12th, The San Luis Obispo Police Department's Online Reporting System will allow you to submit a police report immediately online in the below categories:
Types of Reports that can be Filed Online:
- Abandoned Vehicles
- Annoying Communications (If you believe that you are in immediate danger, please call 911)
- Hit and Run (Parked Vehicle, No Witnesses)
- Lost Property (Not to include firearms, narcotics or license plates)
- Theft (under $950)
If your incident is not included above, please call 911 if it is an emergency or (805) 781- 7312 for a non-emergency.
To Submit a Report Online, the Following Must be True:
- This incident is not an emergency, and is not currently occurring
- There are no known suspects or witnesses
- The crime occurred within the City limits (not on a state freeway)
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must have a valid e-mail address
- All incidents reported online will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your incident is needed, you may be contacted for additional information.
- All personal information shared is secured and encrypted for your protection and will be used for criminal justice purposes only.
Filing a false police report is a crime! Every person who knowingly makes a false police report that a felony or misdemeanor has been committed is guilty of a misdemeanor per 148.5(a) of the California Penal Code.
Starting on November 12th, To File a Report, Please Answer the Following Questions and Press 'Submit':