The Youth Services Division believes that each child is unique and special! Every child is celebrated and provided tools for success in a safe and supportive environment.
Throughout the year, Youth Services offers a variety of programs for school-aged children:
- Before and After-School Programs: Sun 'N Fun and Club STAR
- Spring Break Camp
- Summer Day Camps
- Family Events
- Early Bird Registration
Registration for Care | 2018-2019
Please note, the process has changed to accommodate the families we serve.
Priority is given to families in the following order: 1) Qualifying returning families (currently enrolled)
2) Incoming Kindergarten families
3) New families (not currently enrolled, not incoming Kinder)
4) All families from the previous list who miss their registration period.
For Qualifying families who are currently enrolled in Club STAR or Sun ‘N Fun, you will be able to register for care for the 2018-19 school year at YOUR PROGRAM SITE during designated hours.
2018-19 paperwork can be found at bottom of page or at the Parks and Recreation office.
Sun 'N Fun and Club STAR
Before- and After-School Programs
Sun ‘N Fun (a state-licensed drop-in program) for TK-6th graders and Club STAR (Students Taking Active Responsibility) for 3rd-6th graders are located on-campus at five elementary schools within the City: Bishop's Peak, C.L. Smith, Hawthorne, Pacheco and Sinsheimer. Daily curriculum includes a variety of developmentally appropriate indoor and outdoor activities and experiences, homework assistance, nutritional mid-morning and afternoon snacks, and group times. Enrollment is on a first-come/first-serve basis and is limited by state licensing capacity mandates.
Registering for Sun 'N Fun and/or Club STAR
Click here for the Registration Packet in English and Spanish.
- Original signatures are required; electronic or scanned signatures will NOT be accepted.
- Families are responsible for printing their own forms
- The Family Information Card is ONLY available at the Parks and Recreation Department. Families are required to complete the card at time of registration.
- All Registration Packet Forms MUST be complete.
It's Tax Season!
To assist you in listing your deductions for childcare hours, the City Tax I.D. Number is 95-6000-781.