Parks and Recreation sports programs provide fundamental athletic instruction in a non-competitive environment that focuses on participation.
The Parks and Recreation Department and the SLO County YMCA have teamed up to offer basketball for boys and girls ages 5-12. Children will pick-up basic basketball skills while participating in a positive and fun atmosphere.
Winter Spring 2020 League Information:
- Dates January 18 – March 14 | Game days Saturdays
- Registration Dates September 1 – December 8 | $90
- Held at Ludwick Community Center, Los Ranchos, Sinsheimer, CL Smith and Hawthorne Gyms
- The Parks and Recreation Department in partnership with the SLO County YMCA will host the Youth Basketball program. The program teaches the fundamentals of basketball while focusing on participation, cooperation and team spirit.
- Teams are formed according to age divisions and school sites. Locations for practice and games will be determined after close of registration.
- Coaches Meeting Tuesday, December 17 | 5:30pm at the SLO Library Community Room
- To register and for more information, visit the SLO YMCA website at www.sloymca.org.
Photo by SLO YMCA
Futsal (Indoor Soccer)
Sponsored by the Parks and Recreation Department and the SLO County YMCA, Futsal is played on a small court with five players on each team with a variation of outdoor soccer rules. Open to boys and girls ages 5 -17. Teams will be divided up in grade levels. Ages 5-12
REGISTRATION: SLO County YMCA Futsal
MLBPAA Clinic 5-14 years | FREE
Saturday, April 11 from 9:00 am-11:00 am
Former Major League Baseball players will teach you the fundamentals of the game and life skills Playing catch or fielding grounders from your past hereos, possibly former Cy Young winners, All Star Players and World Series Champions is now a reality in SLO.
Junior Giants 2020
Registration Dates: March 1 – June 1
Program Dates June 8 – July 30 | 4:30 pm-6:30 pm
Meadow Park Baseball Field
Junior Giants is a non-competitive baseball program that focuses on building confidence, teamwork, integrity and leadership skills. Junior Giants, for boys and girls, uses baseball and softball as a tool to teach and encourage positive character development.
Practices will be held Mondays and Tuesdays and games will be played on Wednesdays and Fridays.
No games on July 4th. Call (805) 781-7305 for more information. Register online at www.juniorgiants.com