**NOTE: The City is currently updating its Climate Action Plan. For information on how to participate, click HERE.
For the Climate Action Plan guided SHORT STORY EXERCISE AND SUBMISSION, please click HERE. We are seeking short stories from the community that describe an ideal vision for a carbon neutral San Luis Obispo in 2035. Excerpts from select stories will be included in the City's Climate Action Plan.
The Office of Sustainability provides leadership through direct action, catalyzes positive action through collaborative engagement and policy development, and creates measurable benefits for the City of San Luis Obispo and our region through the following programs:
- Natural Resources - Maintains the Greenbelt, conducts land conservation planning, management, and acquisitions, and supports development review.
- Climate Action - Manages and implements the City's Climate Action Plan with a goal of achieving carbon neutrality by 2035; supports climate adaptation and community resilience efforts.
- Creeks and Watersheds - Manages and implements storm-water management, flood control, and habitat restoration projects; supports regulatory compliance.
- Community Partnerships - Manages community partnerships with arts, culture, history, environmental, social, civic, and business groups.
The Office of Sustainability is committed to the following vision and values:
The City of San Luis Obispo is a thriving, resilient, and sustainable community.
- Leadership - We strive to lead by example and implement the same practices that we promote.
- Collaboration - Our success depends on thoughtful collaboration.
- Accountability—We assume personal responsibility for our conduct, actions, and commitments.
- Responsiveness—We provide timely, accurate, and complete information to those we serve.
- Fact-Based - We use the best available science and data and we share our findings and research.
*Stay up to date by signing up for e-notifications*