The Froom Ranch Specific Plan Area consists of two parcels, totaling approximately 110 acres (12165 and 12393 Los Osos Valley Road) within unincorporated San Luis Obispo County, and adjacent to City of San Luis Obispo city limits. The site is located immediately west of Los Osos Valley Road (LOVR) between U.S. Highway 101 and the Irish Hills Plaza. Froom Ranch is identified in the City of San Luis Obispo Land Use Element as Specific Plan Area 3 (SP-3, Madonna on LOVR), and is subject to preparation of a Specific Plan to accommodate development proposals and address pertinent issues within the Specific Plan Area. The Specific Plan Area is within the City’s Sphere of Influence and the General Plan anticipates annexation of this area into the City. The Land Use Element requires that a Specific Plan be adopted prior to annexation and development.
Froom Ranch Specific Plan Area (RRM 2017)
Froom Ranch is envisioned as a primarily residential project with some commercial development in the northeast portion of the site closest to Los Osos Valley Road and the adjacent Irish Hills Plaza. A major component of the planned residential uses is a Life Plan Community (LPC) known as Villaggio. Villaggio would provide a variety of different unit types for independent senior housing as well as access to higher levels of care such as Assisted Living, Memory Care, and Skilled Nursing, when needed. Additional residential uses proposed in the northern portion of the site will be multiple-family. As required by the Land Use Element, a minimum of the project site must be designated as Open Space; the current Plan designates approximately 51% of the site as Open Space. The Specific Plan also includes a Neighborhood Trailhead Park to connect to the Irish Hills Natural Reserve, which is proposed to incorporate onsite historic structures. The proposed project includes the realignment and restoration of Froom Creek within the property boundaries, and construction of pathways. The applicant’s request also includes a General Plan Amendment to modify the current language presented in City of San Luis Obispo Land Use Element (LUE) Policy 6.4.7.H to allow for hillside development above the 150-foot elevation.
Froom Ranch Specific Plan (RRM 2017)
The Specific Plan document, public hearing agenda reports and presentations, technical reports provided by the applicant, the Initial Study and Notice of Preparation (NOP) of an Environmental Impact Report, and responses to the NOP are provided below.
For additional information, or if you would like to be included on the Froom Ranch Specific Plan interested parties list, please contact Shawna Scott, Associate Planner at firstname.lastname@example.org or (805) 781-7176.
- 6.0 Planning Commission 07-26-17
- 6.1 Planning Commission Presentation 07-26-17
- 7.0 CHC Conceptual Review 08-28-17
- 7.1 Froom Ranch_CHC Presentation 8-28-17
- 1_Froom Ranch Specific Plan Initial Study
- 2.0_Froom Ranch NOP_FIN
- 2.1_NOP Response and Public Comment Letters
- 3_Constraints Map 2017
- 4_Exhibit Sheets RRM 2015 2016
- 5_Biological Report KMA 2016
- 6_Wetland Delineation KMA 2015
- 7_Prelim Juris Determination USACE 2015
- 8_Prelim Eng Geo Report Geosolutions 2017
- 9_Subsurface Fault Investigation Geosolutions 2017
- 10_Prelim Soils Eng Report Geosolutions 2016
- 11_Acoustics Assessment 45dB 2017
- 12_Prelim Transportation Analysis CCTC 2017
- 13_Froom Ranch - SWA Structural Report 07.12.17 [NO COST ESTM]
- 14_ Froom-Ranch-SP-Hydrology-Combined PDF
- 15_Visual Sims RRM 2017