The City has received a lot of interest in potential opportunities to relocate the Heyd Adobe. We understand many of you would like more details about how to move forward. Due to the number of inquiries we have received, plus the added complication of limited business functions due to COVID-19, City staff will continue to form an interest list and assess how to best move forward on the application and selections process. We ask for your patience as we figure out the next steps within the next couple of months. In the meantime, please see the general information below and feel free to send us your contact information if you would like to be on the interested parties list. Please contact Rachel Cohen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The selected recipient will be required to cover all the costs of moving and rehabilitating the structure at an off-site location.
- The City of San Luis Obispo is offering up to $100,000 to supplement the expense of moving the home to an off-site location.
- A preliminary, rough cost estimate for moving the structure, in close proximity to its current location, is around $200,000 to $250,000.
- The structure will have to be partially dismantled or cut into pieces in order to be transported along City streets.
- The relocation funding will carry a requirement to preserve the integrity and the character defining features of the structure at its new location.
- The selected recipient will be required to obtain (and pay) for all necessary permits and permissions to move the structure on city/county/state roads and reconstruction at the final site.
- The City contribution towards relocation expense and approval to remove the structure is “as is” and includes absolutely no guarantees of property condition.
1 General information provided here is preliminary and additional requirements and criteria for selection may be added.