The City is currently developing a plan for achieving carbon neutrality by 2035. This page will provide updates, schedules, and draft documents. Stay up to date by signing up for e-notifications and check back here for updates and more information about the planning process.
What Does A Carbon Neutral 2035 Look Like?
The City is currently seeking short stories from the community that describes an ideal vision for a carbon neutral San Luis Obispo in 2035. The short story prompt and submission form can be found HERE. Excerpts from select stories will be included in the City's Climate Action Plan.
Climate Action Plan Outreach Events
Climate Action Plan Workshop #1
On May 16, 2019, the City hosted the first Climate Action Plan workshop. The event consisted of an overview presentation and an open house workshop inviting participants to share their "big ideas" for achieving carbon neutrality. Links to the video of the opening presentation and the slide deck are available below. If you weren't able to attend, you can still contribute via the Open City Hall link, also provided below.
- Workshop #1 Presentation Slides
- Workshop #1 Presentation Video
- Open City Hall - Online Workshop Questions
Open House and Council Study Session
On December 3, 2019, the City hosted an Open House and Council Study Session to present the proposed approach to climate action. The materials presented to Council are available in the "Documents" section, below.
- January 3, 2020 Short Story Writing Office Hours at Ascendo Coffee (974 Monterey St)
- January 7, 2020 Pop-up at California Fresh (771 Foothill Blvd)
- January 8, 2020 Pop-up at Assistance League (667 Marsh St)
- January 9, 2020 Pop-up at Nautical Bean (2010 Parker St)
- Open City Hall activity