990 Palm Street, Room #1
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Monday-Friday, closed on national holidays or as posted
The City Administration department is the home of the City Manager and is responsible for guiding the day-to-day operations of the City. The Assistant City Manager serves as the Department Head, working with department staff on the following activities:
- City Council: Administration provides support to the City Council, including agenda management, policy implementation, and City Council Assistant.
- City Clerk: The City Clerk facilitates the municipal election program, legislative services program, records management program, municipal code, and advisory body program.
- Economic Development: The City's Economic Development Program works to implement the Economic Development Strategic Plan and is home to the City's Tourism and Community Promotions programs.
- Office of Sustainability: The City's Office of Sustainability is home to the Natural Resources, Climate Action, Community Partnerships, and Creeks and Watersheds programs.
- Information Technology: Responsible for ensuring the City’s information technology resources are effectively managed and used as key organizational tools in improving organizational productivity, customer service, and public access to City information.
Derek J. Johnson, City Manager
Greg Hermann, Deputy City Manager
Robert Hill, Sustainability and Natural Resources Official
Chris Read, Sustainability Manager
Molly Cano, Tourism Manager
Freddy Otte, Biologist
Shannon Sims, Administration Executive Assistant
Chantal Burns, Tourism Coordinator
Stephanie Lopez, Information Technology Administrative Assistant