The City's Investment Oversight Committee (IOC) meets quarterly and on an as-needed basis. For more information contact staff liaison Brigitte Elke at (805) 781-7125 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emergency Public Meeting Procedure due to COVID-19:
Based on the threat of COVID-19, as reflected in the Proclamations of Emergency issued by both the Governor of the State of California, the San Luis Obispo County Emergency Services Director and the City Council of the City of San Luis Obispo, the City of San Luis Obispo will be holding all public meetings via teleconference. There will be no physical location for the Public to view the meeting. Proceed to the next section for instructions on how to view the meeting remotely and provide public comment.
Purpose, Membership and Terms
The IOC reviews investment policy and practice and portfolio performance. The IOC consists of the City Manager, Director of Finance/City Treasurer, Budget Manager, Accounting Manager/Controller, one Council Member, and one member of the public. The City's independent auditor serves as an ex-officio member of the IOC. The roster of current members, date of appointment, and date of term expiration can be reviewed on the City's Local Appointments List.
How can I express my opinion on an upcoming agenda item?
Using the most rapid means of communication available at this time, members of the public are encouraged to participate in IOC meetings in the following ways:
1. Remote Viewing - Members of the public who wish to watch the meeting can view:
- View the Webinar:
- See the current agenda for Webinar registration details specific to an upcoming meeting
2. Public Comment - The IOCwill still be accepting public comment for items within their purview. Public comment can be submitted in the following ways:
- Mail or Email Public Comment
- Received by 10:00 AM on the day of meeting - Can be submitted via email to email@example.com or U.S. Mail to City Clerk at: 990 Palm St. San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
- Emails sent after 10:00 AM and up until public comment is opened on the item – Limited to one page emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be read aloud during the public comment period on the item specified.
- Verbal Public Comment - Call (805) 781-7164; State and spell your name, mention the agenda item number and leave your comment. Verbal comments must be received by 10:00 AM on the morning of the meeting and will be limited to 3 minutes. Voicemails will be forwarded to IOC members and saved as Agenda Correspondence.
All comments submitted will be placed into the administrative record of the meeting.
NOTE: Written comments relating to an upcoming agenda item will be distributed and posted online as Agenda Correspondence, pursuant to City Policies and Procedures.
Subscribe to the Investment Oversight Committee Agenda Notifications