The Cultural Heritage Committee (CHC) meets the fourth Monday of each month at 5:30 p.m. in the Council Hearing Room, City Hall, 990 Palm Street, San Luis Obispo, California. For more information contact staff liaison Brian Leveille at (805) 781-7166 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emergency Public Meeting Procedure due to COVID-19:
Based on the threat of COVID-19, as reflected in the Proclamations of Emergency issued by both the Governor of the State of California, the San Luis Obispo County Emergency Services Director and the City Council of the City of San Luis Obispo, the City of San Luis Obispo will be holding all public meetings via teleconference. There will be no physical location for the Public to view the meeting. Proceed to the next section for instructions on how to view the meeting remotely and provide public comment.
How can I express my opinion on an upcoming agenda item?
Using the most rapid means of communication available at this time, members of the public are encouraged to participate in CHC meetings in the following ways:
1. Remote Viewing - Members of the public who wish to watch the meeting can view:
- View the Webinar (recommended for the best viewing quality):
- See the current agenda for Webinar registration details specific to an upcoming meeting
2. Public Comment - The CHC will still be accepting public comment for items within their purview. Public comment can be submitted in the following ways:
- Mail or Email Public Comment
- Received by 3:00 PM on the day of meeting - Can be submitted via email to email@example.com or U.S. Mail to City Clerk at: 990 Palm St. San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
- Emails sent after 3:00 PM and up until public comment is opened on the item – Limited to one page emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be read aloud during the public comment period on the item specified.
- Verbal Public Comment
- Received by 3:00 PM on the day of the meeting - Call (805) 781-7164; State and spell your name, mention the agenda item number and leave your comment. Verbal comments must be received by 3:00 PM on the morning of the meeting and will be limited to 3 minutes. Voicemails will be forwarded to CHC members and saved as Agenda Correspondence.
- During the meeting – Comments can be submitted up until the Public Comment period is opened for the item when joining via the webinar (instructions above). Please contact the City Clerk’s office at email@example.com to more information.
All comments submitted will be placed into the administrative record of the meeting.
NOTE: Written comments relating to an upcoming agenda item will be distributed and posted online as Agenda Correspondence, pursuant to City Policies and Procedures.
Purpose, Membership and Terms
The CHC oversees a broad range of educational and technical assistance programs aimed at preserving historical and cultural resources. The program goal is preservation of historic and architecturally-significant buildings and locations. The CHC consists of seven members, who must be residents and registered voters of the City. When possible, membership includes a person with knowledge of architecture, and when possible, a person knowledgeable in local archaeology. The membership also includes a resident of each of the City's three Historical Preservation Districts, when possible. Members are appointed to four-year terms and are eligible for reappointment for an additional four years. The roster of current members, date of appointment, and date of term expiration can be reviewed on the City's Local Appointment List.
Subscribe to Cultural Heritage Committee Agenda Notifications