The Architectural Review Commission (ARC) generally meets on the first and third Monday of each month at 5:00 p.m. in the Council Hearing Room, City Hall, 990 Palm Street, San Luis Obispo, California. For more information contact staff liaison Shawna Scott at (805) 781-7176 or email email@example.com.
Emergency Public Meeting Procedure due to COVID-19:
Based on the threat of COVID-19, as reflected in the Proclamations of Emergency issued by both the Governor of the State of California, the San Luis Obispo County Emergency Services Director and the City Council of the City of San Luis Obispo, the City of San Luis Obispo will be holding all public meetings via teleconference. There will be no physical location for the Public to view the meeting. Proceed to the next section for instructions on how to view the meeting remotely and provide public comment.
How can I express my opinion on an upcoming agenda item?
Using the most rapid means of communication available at this time, members of the public are encouraged to participate in ARC meetings in the following ways:
1. Remote Viewing - Members of the public who wish to watch the meeting can view:
- View the Webinar:
- See the current agenda for Webinar registration details specific to an upcoming meeting
2. Public Comment - The ARC will still be accepting public comment for items within their purview. Public comment can be submitted in the following ways:
- Mail or Email Public Comment
- Received by 3:00 PM on the day of meeting - Can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or U.S. Mail to City Clerk at: 990 Palm St. San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
- Emails sent after 3:00 PM and up until public comment is opened on the item – Limited to one page emailed to email@example.com and will be read aloud during the public comment period on the item specified.
- Verbal Public Comment
- Call (805) 781-7164; State and spell your name, mention the agenda item number and leave your comment. Verbal comments must be received by 3:00 PM on the morning of the meeting and will be limited to 3 minutes. Voicemails will be forwarded to ARC members and saved as Agenda Correspondence.
- During the meeting - Comments can be submitted up until the Public Comment period is opened for the item when joining via the webinar. Please contact the City Clerk's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
All comments submitted will be placed into the administrative record of the meeting.
Purpose, Membership and Terms
The ARC establishes architectural guidelines and rules on the design of new construction and major commercial remodeling projects. The ARC consist of seven members, who must be residents and registered voters of the City. Members should have a proven interest in the City's physical environment and the ability to make positive and fair aesthetic evaluations. Members are appointed to four-year terms and are eligible for reappointment for an additional four years. The roster of current members, date of appointment, and date of term expiration can be reviewed on the City's Local Appointments List.
Subscribe to Architectural Review Commission Agenda Notifications