Applications to make minor changes to the properties at the addresses listed below have been received by the City.
- 303 Foothill Blvd. DIR-0105-2020; Request to allow a new Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) to be constructed above 16 feet in height. The ADU will be constructed as a second story above an existing single-story residence. This project is categorically exempt from environmental review (CEQA); R-1 zone; David Scarry, applicant.(Kyle Van Leeuwen)
- 718 Higuera St. DIR-0809-2019; Request for an exception to sign regulations to allow for the addition of two new wall signs and one projecting sign.The exceptions would result in a total of three wall signs where one is normally allowed and an exception to overall number of signs for a total of five signs where normally four are allowed. This project is categorically exempt from environmental review (CEQA); C-D-H zone; Mike Wolford, applicant.(Cassidy McSurdy)
- 568 Ellen Way. DIR-0094-2020; Requests to allow a third required off-street parking space in tandem on the driveway and to deviate from the 16-foot height limitation for an accessory dwelling unit (ADU). These requests are in connection with a proposal to develop the vacant lot with a two-story, five-bedroom single-family residence and attached ADU. The project is categorically exempt from environmental review (CEQA); Edward Attala, applicant.(Hannah Nguyen)
- 871 Marsh St. ARCH-0142-2020; Architectural review of public art proposed to be installed on the City-owned Marsh Street Parking Arch. This arch serves as one of the entrances to the Marsh Street Parking Structure. The project is categorically exempt from environmental review (CEQA); C-D zone; City of San Luis Obispo – Parks and Recreation Department, applicant.(Hannah Nguyen)
- 1558 Eto Cir. HOME-0103-2020; Review of a Homestay Rental application to allow short-term rental (such as Airbnb) of an owner-occupied single-family residence at 1558 Eto Circle. This project is categorically exempt from environmental review (CEQA); R-1-PD zone; Gregory & Teana Fredeen, applicants. (Hannah Nguyen)
The Community Development Director will either approve or deny these applications no sooner than April 13, 2020.
The Director's decision may be appealed, and must be filed with the appropriate appeal fee within 10 days of the Director's action. For more information, contact the City of San Luis Obispo Community Development Department, 919 Palm Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401, by calling (805) 781-7170, weekdays, 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.