City Releases 2019 Water Resources Status Report
The City today released its 2019 Water Resources Status Report, which provides an overview and update on the City’s water resources, covering the period from Oct. 1, 2018 through Sept. 30, 2019.
“We are pleased to report to members of our community that the City has access to a safe and reliable supply of water,” said Utilities Director Aaron Floyd. “In addition, we applaud members of our community for their efforts in using water wisely during the reporting period.”
City Staff presented the annual report to City Council during Tuesday’s meeting. The main takeaways from the annual report include:
- Ample water supplies are available to serve existing and planned development.
- Water supplies remain healthy and the City has a diverse water portfolio.
- Consumption of water during the period was well below established water supplies and, in fact, was 22 percent less than projected water demand for the City’s current population.
- Prudent planning, management, monitoring, and investment in infrastructure and professional staff will be key to the City’s ability to have resilient water supplies.
The report also examined other areas such as:
- Regulatory and Water Projects Update
- Water Supply
- Water Demand
- Water Resource Availability
- Water Supply Accounting