Summer programs provide fun activities for all ages in San Luis Obispo
The first official day of Summer is Friday and the City’s Parks and Recreation Department’s seasonal activities are in full swing!
The annual SLO Triathlon is Sunday, July 28. This is a family-friendly event with the finish line at Sinsheimer Park. Participants and spectators can enjoy food trucks, live music, a fun zone, the playground, and more! The City needs volunteers for the event to count laps, guide runners and cyclists. Sign up to participate as a volunteer or triathlete at: slotriathlon.org.
SLO SWIM CENTER
Join friends and family at Fun Friday Night Rec Swim at the SLO Swim Center from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m. (see dates below). It's just $4.00/adult and $3.50/kids & seniors to enjoy the pool and themed activities.
- June 21: Endless Summer tropical party
- July 5: Celebrating the 4th of July
- July 12: Pirates and Mermaids Day
- July 19: Military Appreciation Day
- July 26: Shark Day
- August 2: Hot August Night: Muscle cars, hot rods, and motorcycles with a 1950’s Grease theme
- August 9: Celebrate the SLO Swim Center’s 40th Birthday
Daily Rec Swim is every day from 1:45-4 p.m. (Check the website for planned closures). There are still spots open for the Junior Lifeguard Camp at SLO Swim Center!
SUMMER CAMPS FOR KIDS
Spots are still available for the Summer Skate Camp and the Video Game Design Camp.
FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
There are still spots open for the Family Camp Out in the Park happening August 10 & 11 at Laguna Lake Park. Cost is just $10 per person.
Ranger Led Hikes are a great way to explore the more than 7,000 acres of open space in the City. Upcoming hikes include:
- June 23 at 9:00 a.m., Irish Hills
- July 14 at 1:00 p.m., Irish Hills
- Aug 25 at 1:00 p.m., Reservoir Canyon
For more information and sign-ups for all of the activities listed above click here.