Disabled Person Parking Placards Notice for Renewal
New blue placards and identification cards will be issued automatically to all current placard holders. The new placards are valid once you receive it and will expire in June 30, 2021.
Effective, July 1, 2019 all placard holders MUST display their new placard when parked otherwise your vehicle is subject to citation.
If your address has changed, you must file a change of address with DMV to ensure the placard will be mailed to your most recent address.
To file a Change of Address (DMV 14) form: download the form at dmv.ca.gov, complete it, and mail it to the address on the form; or call 1-800-777-0133 to have the form mailed to you.
If you have a valid DP placard, DP plates, or DV plates, then you may park:
- In parking spaces with the International Symbol of Access (wheelchair symbol).
- Next to a blue curb designated for persons with disabilities parking.
- Next to a green curb (green curbs indicate limited time parking) for as long as you wish.
- At any on-street metered parking space at no charge.
- In an area that indicates it requires a resident permit.
You may NOT park:
- In spaces marked with a crosshatched pattern next to a parking space with the International Symbol of Access (wheelchair symbol). These spaces are for wheelchair and wheelchair lift access.
- Next to red curbs
- Next to yellow curbs, which are for commercial vehicles to load and unload passengers or freight.
- Next to white curbs, which are for loading and unloading passengers or depositing mail in an adjacent mailbox.