Working in partnership with the community, we are committed to providing equitable and high-quality parking services to the citizens, visitors, and businesses in the City of San Luis Obispo.
- Where to park: Please refer to our Parking Guide
- Enforcement hours: Monday - Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Sunday 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Contact us at: (805) 781-7230
- See the attached flyer for information regarding new parking restrictions in the area of LOOMIS AND MCCOLLUM
- All Request for Citation Reviews must be completed in writing. Please complete and submit the form and provide a valid email address for the results to be returned to.
- If you prefer you can print or download the form and email to email@example.com, fax to (805) 781-7267, mail or drop to Parking Services, 1260 Chorro Street, Suite B, San Luis Obispo CA 93401
- Citation Payment Online- for on-line credit card citation payment.
- Parking Downtown - parking structures, metered lots, metered street parking and motorcycle parking.
- Downtown Residential Overnight Parking Program (DROP) - Overnight parking program for downtown residents only
- Residential Parking Districts - permits required in these locations.
- Parking Programs - How to avoid citations in downtown San Luis Obispo.
- Meter Cash Key - a pre-paid "key" programmed to contain a selected cash value. No more fumbling or searching for change to feed a meter. Meter keys do not work at Credit card meters.
- Access and Parking Management Plan- Amended Nov. 2011 (1.5mb) - This plan supports the implementation of the City's General Plan Circulation Element.
- Commercial loading zones are located throughout downtown and are intended for use by Commercially Licensed Vehicles Only
Parking Services is comprised of four major areas:
Patrolling streets, parking lots, parking garages, and permit districts; issuing citations; arranging for towing the vehicles of habitual parking offenders; recommending the installation of regulatory signs and curb markings.
- Revenue Management
Collecting fines, parking meter revenue, and parking fees and leases; collecting delinquent fines; recommending parking fee and fine adjustments; modifying meters for rate adjustments; selling parking permits, bus passes, and meter cash keys.
Maintaining and repairing parking meters and meter posts; performing janitorial maintenance in the parking garages and parking offices; sweeping and cleaning parking lots; sweeping and scrubbing parking garage floors.
- Parking Structure Operations
Collecting parking structure fees, providing security surveillance, maintaining customer service equipment.