(2160 Santa Barbara Avenue) The newest firehouse in the city, Fire
Station One at Broad and South Streets, was completed under the
administrations of Mayors Allen Settle and Peg Pinard. Designed to
support the Fire Department into the next century, the facility cost
about $3.2 million. It houses the administrative offices, the Fire
Prevention Bureau, and the departmentís maintenance shop with one
mechanic, as well as emergency response vehicles.
The station is staffed by a Battalion
Chief and a 4-person paramedic truck company.
Fire Station Two
(126 No. Chorro) This is the oldest station, built in 1954.
The station is staffed with a 3-person paramedic engine company.
Fire Station Three
(1280 Laurel Lane) Completed in 1960 to cover growth at the
south end of the city, Station 3 is located at the corner of
Laurel Lane and Augusta Street. The station is staffed by a
3-person paramedic engine company
Fire Station Four
(1395 Madonna Road) Constructed in 1978, under the
administration of Mayor Kenneth Schwartz, Fire Station Number Four is
located at the intersection of Madonna Road and Los Osos Valley Road. The station is staffed by a 3-person paramedic