Frequently Asked Questions
The questions below are just a sampling of the
wide range of frequently asked questions answered in each of the City's departments' FAQs
- Who "runs" the City of San
- Does the City have any special goals and
priorities, and, if so, what are they?
- How can I get more involved in my City
Administration - Economic Development
- What is economic development?
- How can I find out more about expanding
or relocating in San Luis Obispo?
Administration - Natural Resources
- Why does the City of San Luis Obispo
have a Natural Resources Program?
- What does it accomplish?
Administration - Special Activities
- What control does the City have over
cable television rates and programming?
- How can my organization become eligible
for a cultural grant?
- Does your office defend people in court
who are charged with criminal violations?
- Will your office answer simple legal
questions for the citizens of San Luis Obispo?
- Can I get copies of birth, marriage or
death certificates from the City Clerk?
- How can I find out what matters are
being considered by the City Council?
- How often does the City Council meet?
- We hardly ever have fires any more.
What do Firefighters actually do?
- How can I start/stop water and sewer
- Who can I contact with questions about
water leaks, low water pressure and/or water quality?
- How do I obtain a business
license and tax certificate?
- How do I obtain a home occupation
- Can I send in a copy of my resume or an
application for Human Resources to keep on file for the next recruitment?
Parks and Recreation
- What indoor facilities does the City
- How do I make a facility reservation?
- During what months can the Jack House
Gardens be scheduled?
- How and where can I display a banner in
- How can I reserve a park or Mission
Plaza for a special event?
- What flood zone am I in?
- How do I find out about flood
- How can I contact animal control?
- Where can I get a printed map of the
- Where can I get a topographic map of the
City or of a specific parcel or area?
- How do I report a problem with a traffic
- Will the City trim trees on request?
- What is the City's source of water?
- What is the total capacity of source
water when both reservoirs are full?