Zoning Regulations Update Planning Commission Public Hearings
Please join us to discuss the proposed Zoning Regulations Update with the Planning Commission on June 13th, 14th, & 27th 2018 at City Hall Council Chambers, 990 Palm Street, Downtown San Luis Obispo. The Zoning Regulations are the key tool used to implement land use policy, as well as circulation policies related to parking management, transit, bicycling, and pedestrian accommodation.
Key revisions made to the Zoning Regulations are as follows:
- Restructured the document to improve ease of use
- Land use tables simplified to consolidate similar uses (e.g., offices), reflect modern land use practices, and create flexibility over time
- Created more objective standards for the review of multi-unit residential development and mixed-use developments (in response to recent State law)
- New development standards for the R-1 and R-2 zones to address neighborhood compatibility concerns outlined in LUCE policies 2.12 and 2.13
- Revised parking regulations for motor vehicles and bicycles to achieve the City’s 50 percent mode shift objective and to provide more precise shared parking provisions
- Codified conditions routinely applied to specific uses (e.g., alcohol establishments, bed and breakfast establishments)
- Clarified provisions for mixed-use developments and required usable and purposeful ground-floor commercial space for mixed-use developments
- On a target basis, included regulations to address the City’s current Climate Action Plan (CAP), with the understanding that the CAP is being updated and subsequent follow-up will be required (and that many CAP programs are implemented through avenues other than the Zoning Regulations)
- Responded to policy direction from the City Council at the April 10, 2018 study session regarding:
- how density is calculated
- regulation of rooftop uses
- adequacy of alcohol outlet regulations
- tiny homes on wheels
- consolidating and streamlining the development review process
- updating parking regulations
Topic: Updating the Zoning Regulations: Planning Commission Public Hearings
Where: San Luis Obispo City Hall, 990 Palm Street, Council Chambers
When: Wednesday and Thursday, June 13th, 14th, & Wednesday June 27th, 2018
Time: Starting at 6:00 p.m.
Stay Connected - If you would like to be involved, have any questions, or would like to receive continued updates on the project and notifications of project developments including open houses, draft documents, and/or hearings, please sign up for the City's e-notification list and sign up for the groups such as: "Planning and Building" or "Neighborhood Wellness"
Visit the project web page on the City website for additional information on the project, see link; https://www.slocity.org/government/department-directory/community-development/planning-zoning/zoning/zoning-regulations-update/-fsiteid-1